We are running our normal curriculum for each year group, subject to ongoing revisions according to learning recovery.
- Teachers will usually teach live lessons on Teams in lockdown
- Out of lockdown during self-isolation lessons may be set on Teams or on Satchel 1
- Through content or other requirements, some lessons may be pre-recorded or work may be set
- The normal timetable will be followed with timings as per “Zoning Restrictions” with split breaks and lunches (please see below)
- During full lockdown lessons will finish after 50 minutes to allow time to “de-screen, refresh and prepare”
- During self-isolation when the school is open lessons will run to time
- Teachers will set work, assignments and feedback to pupils digitally
- During lockdown homework will not be set while working at home on Teams to reduce stress, workload and screen time
- Homework sanctions will not apply to pupils who are self-isolating when the school is open to all pupils
|Year 7 and 9||Year 8 and 10||Not currently used|
|I LEARN||08:40 – 09:00||I LEARN||08.40 – 09.00||I LEARN||08:40 – 09:00|
|1||09:00 – 10:00||1||9:00 – 10:00||1||09:00 – 10:00|
|2||10:00 – 11:00||Break||10:00 – 10:20||2 (Part 1)||10:00 – 10:30|
|Break||11:00 – 11:20||2||10:20 – 11:20||Break||10:30 – 10:50|
|3||11:20 – 12:20||3||11:20 – 12:20||2 (Part 2)||10:50 – 11:20|
|4||12:20 – 13:20||Lunch||12:20 – 13:00||3||11:20 – 12:20|
|Lunch||13:20 – 14:00||4||13:00 – 14:00||4 (Part 1)||12:20 – 12:50|
|5||14:00 – 15:00||5||14:00 – 15:00||Lunch||12:50 – 13:30|
|4 (Part 2)||13:30 – 14:00|
|5||14:00 – 15:00|
If you have any curriculum questions or require support with technology to access learning please contact Mr Delap on firstname.lastname@example.org Please see below for instructions about accessing remote learning.
We will inform parents and carers immediately when a year group or part of a year group has to self-isolate. This will be done by email and text with attachments and links to the following information for all parents and pupils about how to access remote learning from home:
We will continue to update our advice for remote learning here, to support pupils in the event of local restrictions being applied, or for those that may need to self isolate. Please click on the Short Absence Curriculum Support letter below if you would like to know what work to complete at home while waiting for a test.
In the case of an individual self-isolating for 10 days following a contact and while that person is well enough to work we will email out long absence curriculum support. This is a personalised set of lessons set by the head of faculty or subject lead using Oak National Academy. These are prerecorded lessons which will follow the curriculum that peers will be doing at school. Oak National Academy follows the Mastery Curriculum in year 7 and year 8, so this will exactly mirror KS3 work in these subjects.
We will be using Teams to support with online learning in the case of further disruption to normal schooling. Here is a guide for pupils and for parents:
The following links lists a number of educational websites compiled by our subject teachers at the school, and a further list from teachers and parents in the wider community:
If you are a parent or pupil who is learning to speak English, the following resources may be useful for you:
The curriculum content details for each year group, listed by subject, are available on this website on the curriculum pages.
In addition it will be useful for parents and carers to have links to websites regularly used by teachers in class which are likely to be used in conjunction with setting work via Show My Homework: