Year 6-7 Transfer to Lawn Manor Academy (September 2022) – Updates for Parents/Carers
Year 7 pupils welcome Key Stage 2 pupils to Lawn Manor Academy
Please find below the letters sent to parents / carers of pupils joining Lawn Manor Academy in September 2022. We send regular communication, so please check back regularly for any updates.
High standards of uniform and presentation are expected of all pupils at Lawn Manor Academy and the school unashamedly takes pride in this. There are good reasons for this. A smart uniform helps to create a sense of community; it also removes distraction and competition which may be caused by an individual’s style of dress, and allows pupils to concentrate on learning. The Dress Code and Behaviour policies are clear that there are no exceptions to these expectations and they explain the consequences that will be put in place should a pupil not meet the requirements.
Uniform Direct will be running a ‘Pop-up Uniform Shop‘ which will take place at Lawn Manor Academy on the morning of Saturday 9th July 2022.
The transfer process is managed by the Transfer & Inclusion Coordinator, Becci Benson, and the member of the Senior Leadership Team with responsibility is Mr Langdown, Deputy Headteacher. Lawn Manor Academy is proud of the positive links that have been developed with our colleagues in our cluster of primary schools.
Schools in the Lawn Manor Academy cluster are: Drove Primary, Lainesmead Primary, Lawn Primary, Oaktree Nursery & Primary, Goddard Park Primary and Mountford Manor Primary. In addition, most Year 7 intakes have children from a further 20 primary schools from across Swindon.
Key Stage 2 pupils and their parents receive a full package of support to help them upon transfer to Key Stage 3, including:
- Sports Day for Year 4 pupils (June/July)
- Forest School ‘ILEARN Days’ for Year 5 pupils to experience exciting learning days at Lawn Manor Academy (June/July)
- Entrepreneurship ‘ILEARN Days’ for Year 6 pupils to experience exciting learning days at Lawn Manor Academy (September)
- Lawn Manor Academy pupils often visit primary schools with a presentation and to answer any questions that Year 6 pupils may have.
- Monthly bulletins, letters and a Parental Guide providing vital information about the school for pupils joining the school.
- Parents / carers also visit Lawn Manor Academy for two Year 6 Information Evening in May and July, with the opportunity to meet their child’s new I LEARN Tutor.
- ‘Transfer Days’ for Year 6 pupils where they experience lessons, as well as enjoy a normal day in the life of a Lawn Manor Academy pupil. (July)
- Becci Benson spends time in the Year 6 classrooms of all schools to meet every single child who is transferring to Lawn Manor Academy; this particularly supports pupils who feel vulnerable about transfer.
- Pop-up Uniform shop
- For individual concerns, Becci or Mrs Maddock (Assistant Headteacher & SENDCO) are available for telephone or email contact, or to meet in person with parents/carers.
- ‘Meet the I LEARN Tutor’ evenings provides an opportunity for parents / carers to see how their child has settled in within the first term of Year 7.
It is vitally important that significant information is shared between the primary and secondary schools regarding pupils’ backgrounds, social and emotional wellbeing, academic achievement, gifts and talents, Special Educational Needs, medical concerns, and language acquisition for EAL pupils; this information forms the foundation for many basic school functions when the pupils start in Year 7 and is given high priority by Lawn Manor Academy and our colleagues in primary schools.
To order Uniform for September 2022 our uniform company has suggested to place the order by 31st July 2022, Please click here for more information on how to order uniform.
Click here for information on our transition summer school
Should you require any further information or support with KS2/3 transfer, then please do not hesitate to make contact with staff who will be pleased to respond:
Tours of Lawn Manor Academy are available during the school day for prospective parents and pupils; please contact Stacy Nicholas firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.